Feb 17, 2011

Science teachers and their lame sense of humour


Noise From Silence 8 by Shel-yang
 It seems that all science teachers have the same sort of so-lame-it's-occasionally-funny sense of humour. My chemistry teacher put some solutions to chemistry questions up and there were "solutions" on it. The way he said it reminds me so much of Mr Spies. They says a lame pun or a lame joke and it's so obvious that they thinks it's so funny that you just have to groan and laugh.

Get the joke? Chemistry solutions, substances-dissolved-in-liquid solutions? He says, sincerely, mind, "That joke endures with me, I can laugh at it for the 5th or 6th time, I think it's very funny." :)) There's one joke Mr Spies told that I actually quite like: What do you get if you cross an insomniac, an agnostic and a dyslexic?













Someone who stays up all night wondering if there's a Dog.

We had school photos today, and I got to stand on the second row. How good it that. I was seated before, but a girl on crutches took my spot, so I got to stand. After the photos, instead of a clipboard beign passed around and everyone writing their name on it in order, the guy came around and scanned the barcode on our envelopes.

Clare told me today that she saw the photos for Sydney Girls' year 10 formal last year. The Opera House (or the Sydney Harbour, I forget which) can be seen at the venue, adn they had a candle lit dinner. We had to go up narrow stairs to a venue on top of a concret floored car park. It's so unfair.

Mum cooked a really yummy dish for me today. It's curry potatoes and chicken. The potato melts in my mouth and the chicken is so tender. The curry is absolutely perfect. I bought the curry ages ago at Woolworth, it's curry sauce in a package and it's Indian curry. We used to cook curry with curry powder, coconut milk and chili powder, but this saves so much trouble and it tastes so good.

It's rare that she goes through so much trouble to cook yummy food at home. Mum cooks really yummy food occasionally; easy, mediocre food normally; and left over food the rest of the time. Grandma, on the other hand, cooks good all the time. I'd take the good food every meal anytime. And Grandma is coming back on the 19th! Hurray!

The rat glue trap we put out yesterday caught a mice. It's a lot smaller than I expected and it's just stuck in the glue on its side. Mum wants me to take care of it, but I'm not going to touch it. Eww. Mum really wants to get a professional company in to spray the house and get rid of all the pests, but Grandma doesn't want that because she thinks it might be toxic to humans too.

1 comment:

  1. I used to have mice in my attic, you could hear them scattering at night. Somehow, one found its way into my mum's office and when she sat down and was about to roll her chair near to her desk, she kicked a dead corpse of a rat and it was still warm and fluffy and everything :\

    ReplyDelete