Feb 2, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year

Happy Chinese new Year everyone. 新年快乐,恭喜发财!

Chinese New Year is a time for family, so I hope you all have a nice get-together with your family and relatives. Watch the 春晚(I don't even know what it's called in English, that late night concert/celebration that's on every year) or watch it tomorrow, since it'll be very late due to the time difference. Most Chinese channels will be replaying it again and again for the whole day tomorrow, and many more times days after that.

There's quite a bit of homework for me already, and I have to finish reading Jane Austen's Emma by next week. So I'll probably be doing that instead of celebrating. There's only Mum and me anyway, with Grandma in China. There's nothing special planned, we're not even eating dinner. Mum's usually so tired after work, and she recently hurt her leg. It doesn't feel like a special occasion, I only remembered it was Chinese New Year because an Asian girls at school made a comment of not wanting homework because she's celebrating Chinese New Year with her family.

Grandma left me two 利是though, one from her and one from Grandpa. I think there's 200 dollars in each of them, so I'm pretty happy. Hope you all get lots of red pockets (those two words sound so awkward), and be lucky all year. 身体健康,万事胜意。

No comments:

Post a Comment